It’s not all about the single-story of bombs, violence, terrorism and crudity….No, in fact, northern Nigeria was never about these violent representation she’s now being unfortunately pitted with. She is actually beautiful. These 17 pictures, some with a touch of vintage, usher the viewer’s mind into the aesthetic truth about the home of Kilishi, Fura and Suya. ….
Big big kudos to wonderful photographer, storyteller and ‘genius-in-play’, Editi Effiong , for these amazing insight through the North.
The images give eyegasms, literally.
- The alluring landscape well-captured at Furore, Adamawa. #CatchingYourBreathe
2. The adequately lush setting of nature at Gubi Lake, Bauchi. #ForReal
3. We gat blue skies making love with golden grass in Bauchi too. #NaturePorn
4. The 100-year old Colonial treasure house crested in a rich scenery at Dass., Bauchi #PainAndPleasure
5. The blue sea and sky that adorn Gubi Lake. #PerfectShot
6. The beautiful Wikki Warm Spring #Lawd!
7. Butterflies basking in sunlight across a well-marked game trail at the Yankari National Park, Bauchi. #WhenNatureSings. ……
8. The architecture of the 2nd Babban Gwani in history, built in 1869 for the Emir of Bauchi. #VintageCool
9. The North sires life even from within her rocks! Image shows vegetation blossoming boldly within the mountains at Dass. #FlauntingFruitful
10. The glimmering and eyeful sunset from a location in Bauchi. #Aidonbelivit !
11. This is NOT Maldives, this is a clean, clear, and crisp sea from Northern Naija. Image snapped underwater at the Wikki Warm Spring. #FeelingNATGEO
12. An artful monument built over Tafewa Balewa’s tomb in Bauchi. #MemoirsOfOurHeroesPast
13. More chilling allure from the mountains and waters and skies at Gubi lake. #ComeAndDo
14. Woooow. ….. #Humor Me
15. Jump jump jump….. #PlungeIntoNaturesBliss
16. The view in early morning Dass after a night of rainfall. #GoodmorningBeautiful
17. Bags packed…..Ladies and Gentlemen, shall we? #HikeNorth
All these beautiful images are courtesy storyteller Editi Effiong , and he has done well to douse the danger of a single-story from Northern Nigeria.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.