This news has been making rounds in the mills for some hours now; the EFCC declaring a Man wanted for “stealing” a sum that was mistakenly deposited into his account by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). But, I wanna ask questions please.
- I thought there’s CBN law that bars withdrawals of huge sums of money especially within a day or week?
- If rightly so, how then did this alleged one withdraw a whooping 45 million naira and elope with it?
- The transaction, can’t it be traced?
- Oh, the man withdrew all the 45 milla in cash?
- Did it happen in an instant, or he withdrew gradually?
- Oh, 45 million is so insignificant to the CBN, so much that it took a while before they noticed?
Biko, I dozint understand. …
Assuming this allegation is true and plausible tho‘, oh boy, this man get mind oh…he just take off telepathically. …Hmmmn…
Well, this below is the official fatwa from the EFCC:
The public is hereby notified that Jerry Ogbonna Obike Phillip, whose photograph appears below, is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in a case of stealing. Phillip allegedly withdrew the sum of N45, 000,000.00 (Forty Five million naira) which was mistakenly credited into his account in a new generation bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria before the money could be reversed to its rightful owner.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.