Eyebrows on fleek. I know you’ve heard the saying but do you know how to get the look?
It’s taken me a while to get my brow game on lockdown. From shaving lines in them as a teenager, to over plucking – my brows have been through a lot. Thankfully my we are now on good terms and I’ve learnt a few tips along the way that I’m going to share with you.
Using a spoolie, brush your brows in an upward motion. This may feel a little odd as your natural instinct may be to brush down. Using upward motions will allow you to get an idea of the natural shape of your brows.
Use your brush or pencil as a rough guide to line up your brows. You want to have the inner part of your brows in line with your inner eye and the outer tip of your brow should line up with the tip of your nose. Using this as a rough guide should help you to keep a natural shape and not over do it.
Using a pencil or powder (what ever works best for you) start around the middle point of your brows filling them in, in fine feather like strokes. It’s tempting and logical to start at the beginning of your brows but hold fire, we’ll get to that in a moment. The idea is for the strokes to mimic your hair, keeping your wrist loose will really help with this.
When you get to the outer corner of your brows try to avoid drawing a line. This will give a harsh finish and can effect your facial expression. Keep up with the feather strokes making them lighter and smaller if need be to reflect the natural shape and density of your brows. Now it’s time for inner part of your brow. This is key to getting that natural look try to avoid harsh lines. Instead opt again for gentle strokes, if using a powder a tip would be to use the left over powder on your brush.
Finally using your spoolie, give your brows the once over this will help to blend the product with your bows and get rid of any excess product.
- Keep your strokes feather light
- Blend, blend, blend
- Brows are meant to be sisters not twins. It’s okay if they are not identical your natural brow shape is highly unlikely to be symmetrical.
- Opt for a colour that is a shade lighter than your own hair
- Cotton buds are great for cleaning up any mistakes.
- If you can avoid over plucking once there gone it can be really hard to grow brows back.
- Make your brow lady your best friend
- Eye brows really do come in all shapes and sizes, it’s all about working with what you have and enhancing rather than changing completely.
Brows really do make or break your face and now you’re in the know!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.