Give it to the present administration in Lagos State under the thoughtful and actionable leadership of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, they are indeed thinking ahead of others.
For years, Lagos state has prided herself as a Mega-City and a force to reckon with in Africa in terms of Economy and other areas like technology and innovation. But as the state turns 50, while still forging ahead as a leading entity in Africa, this International conference tagged “Towards a Smarter City”, proves that Lagos is raring to shift gears, and is set up to celebrate Lagos@50.
In the emerging knowledge era, Information & Communications Technology has taken centre stage; and as the city of the future, Lagos must take advantage and indeed leverage on the tools of ICT in moving towards a Smart City.
This Lagos@50 conference aims to:
- Bring together leading Practitioners, Subject Matter Experts, Captains of Industries and Academics to exchange and share ideas on transitioning Lagos to the League of Smart Cities.
- Create an ecosystem of solutions providers and investors to achieving Smart City Status.
- Provide practical and scalable solutions to improve infrastructure and quality of life for Lagos residents.
While the FOCUS AREAS include,
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Law & Development
- T.H.E.S.E. (Tourism. Hospitality. Entertainment and Sports For Excellence)
Click HERE to see the full details of the focus areas for this conference.
You can also Register HERE to attend the 2-day International conference.
Expectedly, the Lagos @50 international Conference, will feature experts and captains of various industries who will provide a wide perspective on critical subject matters relevant to the transition of Lagos Towards a Smart City. There will be two keynote speakers; a moderator and a group of 4 discussants for each of the Focus Areas. These two keynote speakers are Prof. Paul Charles Collier of the University of Oxford and Gbenga Oyebode, Chairman, Aluko & Oyebode. Clike HERE for the full list which includes an array of resourceful speakers and panel discussants like Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Professor Pat Utomi, Femi Otedola, Uyi Akpata, Managing Partner at PwC, among others.
Itesiwaju ipinle Eko, lo je gbogbo wa logun o!