October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We wanted to spread the word so more people know how to check themselves for the signs and symptoms of breast cancer. Please check yourselves. It only takes a few minutes and it may save a lot of heartache. Share this image so that it reaches more people than ever before.
Remember to check ALL PARTS of the breast, your armpits and up to your collarbone for changes.
- Check for a change in size or shape.
- Redness and/or a rash on the skin and/or around the nipple.
- Liquid discharge coming out of the nipple without squeezing.
- A swelling in your armpit or around your collarbone.
- A lump or thickening that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue.
- A change in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling (like an orange peel).
- Check for your nipples becoming inverted (pulled in) or changing its position or shape.
- Constant pain in your breast or your armpit.
There is help in Nigeria, so do seek it. If you are based at home, BRECAN is happy to help and answer all your questions and fears.
Helpline Numbers: (+234) 8166324748 or (+234) 8033331211
If you are based in the UK, please contact Breast Cancer Care
Helpline: 0808 800 6000
If you are based in the States, a greats starting point is: www.breastcancer.org although you could also check out the National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc. as they offer free mammograms to women in all 50 states.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.