Is there anything more annoying than when you’re trying to be all serious and call for a jihad and multiple beheading and people can’t be bothered because they’re too busy watching Star Wars?
This is what happened to ISIS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, over the Christmas break when he released this statement below:
ISIS leaders: We urgently call upon every Muslim to join the fight, especially those in the land of the two shrines (Saudi Arabia), rise.
— İyad el-Baghdadi | إياد البغدادي (@iyad_elbaghdadi) December 26, 2015
Iyad El-Baghdadi is a Muslim who takes delight in trolling ISIS (he is a genius at it) and when he retweeted the terrorist leader’s post, the responses have been both hilarious and indicative of the world’s feelings about ISIS and their insistence on being destructive.
If I were the real al-Baghdadi, after reading these tweets, I would go home and tell my mummy that the boys were being mean to me again. Mind you, that probably how all this started in the first place.
1. There’s this one that is really offended by the design of the whole thing:
@iyad_elbaghdadi sorry, but I can't trust a group that uses a deflating football and Arabic comic sans as their logo
— 1000 Revolutions (@Trumpflakes) December 26, 2015
2. Tell them how you really feel, son!
3. What can I say? When you have stuff to do, you have stuff to do! 😆
4. Have you seen the flights fares? They’re absolute murder!
@iyad_elbaghdadi Sorry dudes. Christmas week. Flights all booked.
— George Norman (@HelloGeorgeN) December 26, 2015
5. Coffee? Christmas? What are these fun things of which you speak??
— Salman Anees Soz (@SalmanSoz) December 26, 2015
I'm guessing someone really didn't like their Christmas presents… https://t.co/xEFhEGSnDe
— Sarfraz Manzoor (@sarfrazmanzoor) December 26, 2015
7. And then there was this absolutely novel idea:
8. When you’re a part of the Netflix and chill generation, but some dude wants you to come fight a war:
Sorry, I am busy watching Netflix. https://t.co/YyLJ9cQ2nS
— Mohamed Djingo (@TheDjingo) December 26, 2015
9. Priorities, priorites…
@iyad_elbaghdadi Sorry mate but I've got tons of washing up to do & the Coronation Street omnibus won't watch itself. Ta ta
— Glen Hattersley (@rocknroll66) December 27, 2015
10. And by the way, what sort of brute calls for a holy war right at the release of the GREATEST FILM EVEEEEEER???
I've got Star Wars on Sunday. Maybe later. https://t.co/UQ71PkUi4j
— Saadat Ali Zia (@my55cents) December 26, 2015
Sorry mate, I don't want to risk dying before the next Star Wars comes out. https://t.co/vvnbXmsMfK
— Mohsin (@MohsinArain91) December 27, 2015
11. This one is really important because I’m sure obedience is right up there in the Qur’an
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.